Friday, December 21, 2007

I got upset at my husband last night. The first time that I have just kind of shrugged it off. We have two kids. In the morning, we both get up and he makes the bottles for the baby while I get us dressed. He then helps me get her out to the car and we take off for work. Sometimes he goes back to sleep, sometimes not. After a little while, he'll get the older one up and get her ready for school. I think he is amazing for doing this because he is her step-dad. Though he has spent more time with her than her real dad. Anyway, we have to sign her folder for school every day. When I do it, I look at all the papers that are in there and see if it's something I need. Well, he doesn't do that. On Wednesday night, we were moving some furniture into the house and as I was cleaning, I found a pile of papers from school. And one was a very important paper that I had been waiting for. It was the letter letting parents know that it was time to request the forms to get your kid into the gifted and talented program. I'm not just b/sing when I say my girl is pretty smart. When she was in daycare, they had to move her into the pre-school class after she turned 3 because she would finish her work before everyone else and it would be correct. She'd then ask to play and they would give her more work and she would actually question why she had to do more just because she finished first. Anyway, I found it around 6:30 on the last day to request the paperwork. Here's when I get pissed at the school. It just says you have to request the form by the 19th, it doesn't say that everything has to be requested and filled out by the 19th. I called thinking I might be able to slip in on a technicality since I did request the info on the 19th, but that's apparently not how it works. So, I don't get to get my daughter tested for the G&T program for another year. And the reason I got mad at my husband is because the paper was sent home on the 4th. A good two weeks beforehand and he just tossed it aside like it was nothing. And I've even cleaned since then and I went through all the papers I found, but he had them in a special hiding place. I was seriously about to cry because it wasn't fair to my little girl. But, I try to look at it in a more positive spin because this isn't the only time she'll get to try for the G&T. We'll try again next year!

No comments: